Now that Two Californias exists as a tangible object in the world, with its doggy ears and scribbled marginalia, I’d love to visit your university, school, reading series, book club, literary conference, or book festival! I’m eager to talk with students and readers about Two Californias, about literature, about life.
If you’re interested in having me visit, here are a few maybe-helpful tidbits:
- With a background in performance art, I am a dedicated and powerful reader who can interact meaningfully with diverse audiences.
- I promise to engage meaningfully during the entire visit, not simply when I’m at the podium.
- I am a thoughtful, articulate workshop leader and critic who can push a writer to that next step, in turn providing a different voice from (already great) teachers.
- As my next project, the novel-in-progress The Paradox of Wonder Woman’s Airplane, involves print as well as digital components, I can talk about digital literature, opening your potential audience from creative writing students to STEM fields. Perhaps your audience wants an introduction to DigLit?
Things I can do (with students, audience members, community groups):
- Craft Lectures
- Lectures on Digital/Electronic Literature
You can reach me via the contact form or write me directly at rdglick (at) gmail (dot) com
Thanks, and I look forward to talking!